In its 1957 Charter, the Objectives of the Magna Carta Trust were defined as:
- the perpetuation of the principles of Magna Carta
- the preservation for reverent public use of sites associated with Magna Carta
- the commemoration triennially and on such other special occasions as shall be determined by the Trust, of the grant of Magna Carta, as the course of the constitutional liberties of all English-speaking peoples, and a common bond of peace between them.
796 years ago tomorrow a reluctant, but resigned, and most definitely scheming King John was brought to Runnymede to put his seal to the Great Charter of Liberty – Magna Carta. John might have acceded to the Barons’ demands...Read on...
- Magna Carta's American Adventure
- 800th anniversary of Bristol...
- Bristol 800 concert and...
- Emancipation and Magna Carta
- Terrorism and Tolerance -...
- Magna Carta
- Magna Carta Benches mark...
- ABA Magna Carta Memorial...
If you would like to keep informed about the work of the Magna Carta Trust and our partners, please sign up to the newsletter below.
Become a Supporter
There are a number of significant supporter opportunities. Register your interest early to ensure the widest range of options.
Find out more