This website uses Access keys to allow navigation of the website via the keyboard. For Windows users, please use Alt + key (stated below) and for Mac use Ctrl + key (stated below). For Mac Opera browser use Shift + Esc + key number.
The key numbers are as follows:
- Homepage – 1
- The History of the Magna Carta – 2
- Magna Carta Today – 3
- Articles – 4
- Tourist Information – 5
- Events – 6
- Schools – 7
- Get Involved – 8
- Online Shop – 9
- Skip To Content (Missing out Navigation & Search) – C
- Accessibility Information – A
- Search – S
- Sitemap – M
All pages aim to comply with the following standards (or recommendations):
- XHTML 1.0 Transitional
- WCAG 1.0 Priority Level 2
If you have any problems viewing this website, please get in touch via the contact section and we will do our best to resolve the problem.
We aim to support the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 6+
- Firefox 1.0+
- Safari (Mac)
- Mozilla 1.01+
- Netscape 7+
- Opera 8+
Magna Carta, or as it is properly called the Great Charter of Liberty, was born on 15 June 1215 at Runnymede when King John – Bad King John as he is more commonly known – was persuaded to accede to a number of demands made...Read on...
- Magna Carta's American Adventure
- 800th anniversary of Bristol...
- Bristol 800 concert and...
- Emancipation and Magna Carta
- Terrorism and Tolerance -...
- Magna Carta
- Magna Carta Benches mark...
- ABA Magna Carta Memorial...
If you would like to keep informed about the work of the Magna Carta Trust and our partners, please sign up to the newsletter below.
Become a Supporter
There are a number of significant supporter opportunities. Register your interest early to ensure the widest range of options.
Find out more